Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

You Can Never Have Too Much MK

What do I mean by MK...Mary Kate? Magic Kingdom? Mount Kilimanjaro? If you guessed any of those you aren't even close! When I say MK I'm talking about the one and only Michael Kors. I've recently added  two new Michael Kors additions to my wardrobe and to say I'm excited about it would be a sad understatement. I'm beyond ecstatic. So what did I buy?

CorporateTrendiness_MK


CorporateTrendiness_MKsandals Nordstrom was too good to me this week. In two separate trips I stocked up on Michael Kors. First I got the 'Mackenzie' sandal in Optic White. It's the perfect summer sandal. It comes in three colors: Black Saffiano, Optic White Saffiano and Mandarin Saffiano. Although the Mandarin is a fun orange color, white is a classic summer color and matches more of my wardrobe. I celebrated #ShoesdayTuesday in these shoes yesterday! I had originally been lusting over the Tory Burch 'Miller' Sandal in gold or sand but I'm actually really happy to have a white pair of sandals! These shoes are extremely comfortable. I like that they are dressy rather than casual and I'm excited to wear them with my new summer dresses. Specifically my Lilly Pulitzer Roswell Dress in New Green Cording We Will Go and Vineyard Vines Liberty Floral Strapless Dress (images taken from Google images). I found both of these dresses on sale at TJMaxx!
                       


CorporateTrendiness_MKCrossbody
My second Michael Kors addition was the 'Small Fulton' Crossbody Bag. I'm obsessed with the pink color! If you haven't been able to tell already, pink is my all time favorite color. I think the chain link strap adds a touch of classiness to the bright color. It's just the right size to fit essentials: phone, lip gloss, etc. I usually go for neutral bags. I even have a black snake skin MK crossbody. I'm proud of myself for venturing out of the typical and making a riskier color purchase. It's easy to fall back on neutrals but it's so much more fun playing with color!
I love the gold accents of both the sandals and the crossbody. MK usually uses gold for the logos and that's something I've always been attracted to. I'm definitely a gold over silver kind of girl.

Now the question is, do I rock both of these MK pieces at the same time? Tell me what your thoughts are on matching logos!

No comments :

Post a Comment