Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

Monogram Mania featuring Marley Lilly

Outfit of the day
An old ancient proverb declares if it's not moving, monogram it. Okay so maybe not an ancient proverb, but definitely a modern saying made popular by Marley Lilly that I like to live by.

If you haven't heard of Marley Lilly by now, they are an online shopping site dedicated to monogrammed items.
Monograms are a fun way to add personalization to pieces of clothing and accessories. From monogrammed cowboy boots to rings, Marley Lilly has it all. Not only do they have a variety of options but they have major variety in colors as well so you can seriously find anything you're looking for.

What monogrammed ML goodies have I collected?
Let's see...a monogrammed hair bow in my school colors to show school spirit, their sailboat ML logo sticker, and my personal favorite my monogrammed denim button down.

It's a fact that I love monograms and it's no surprise that I turn to monogrammed gifts to give my friends for Christmas. I just think there's something extra special about a gift with personalization. For instance, my friend loves mason jars and monograms and since Marley Lilly has monogrammed acrylic mason jars I know exactly what she's getting for Christmas!
I also LOVE this Monogrammed Gold Snowflake Long Sleeve shirt for the winter. My friends and I have also been gushing over their brand new Monogrammed Ballet Flats and I seriously suggest you go check those out!

Just a close up!
My outfit of the day features a Marley Lilly houndstooth scarf with red stitching. More specifically, it is the Monogrammed Cashmere Feel Scarf and you can find it here! When I got it in the mail I was instantly obsessed with the black/white/red color combination and the cute houndstooth print. The name doesn't lie either, it is the coziest scarf ever! I paired my scarf with a white knit LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's tunic. This tunic is super cute because at the top of the back it has a bow tie! I added my Lilly Pulitzer travel pants. These are honestly one of my favorite pairs of pants because they are comfy like a pair of leggings but also more sophisticated and dressier than just a pair of leggings. Since it's so cold, riding boots completed the look but I would have loved to wear my Tory Burch Reva flats! I accessorized with my watch, chain link bracelet, and a vintage Gucci bag (I got it from my mama!).

It was too cold to go without a jacket, even if my pictures deceive you, so I bundled up in my down jacket. I also wore my Tory Burch sunglasses because hey, even though it was cold it was sunny!

This is a cute and casual outfit that can be worn to class or out to dinner with the girls. I've worn it for both already ;). I've started to really utilize scarves to add style to my outfits. I used to not really be a fan of scarves because I thought they took away from my outfit but now I see them as a way to add to any outfit. Needless to say my scarf collection is growing. And this Marley Lilly scarf happens to be one of my favorites.

It was too cold to go without a jacket!
Details view





Up close shot of the scarf!

Monograms, love 'em or leave 'em? Tell me your thoughts in the comments and make sure to check out MarleyLilly.com!





4 comments :