Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

Cinch Polls @ College Fashion Week Boston


The Cinch Home Screen
I tested out the Cinch Polls app at College Fashion Week in Boston on October 4th. What is Cinch Polls? It is an image based polling app that allows you to make virtual group decisions. Trying to decide between two restaurants? Use Cinch Polling to get the opinions of all your friends. Can't decide on an outfit? Use Cinch to show pictures of each outfit and have your friends help you decide. They don't even have to be in the same state as you! Cinch is a secure way to get instant opinions from your friends. Cinch can even be used professionally, for example a designer could Poll three fabrics and ask colleagues which fabric they should choose.

So how does it work? You set a question you want answered and then select a set of photos for your friends to choose from. You can send the poll to friends of your choosing or to the whole Cinch Community. Your friends then make their vote and can use the integrated messaging to discuss the choices. You don't need the app to vote, so your friends can vote from any device. Worried about getting biased opinions? Your friends can't see what others voted until they vote themselves, so the possibility of social persuasion is out of the question!
I used the Cinch app pre-Fashion Week to poll my friends on what shoes they thought I should wear. I was deciding between two pairs of neutral heels. Majority opinion favorited the stilettos over the pumps and that's what I ended up wearing to the show! The Cinch app made my choice fun and easy. It was a user friendly experience; all you have to do is type in a question and have pictures of the options, then send it to your friends! Could it get any easier? If you want to check out my poll and see my (cute) shoe options, here's the link to my poll: http://nft.bz/PDscX2.
 

Keeping in the spirit of shoes, I used Cinch Polling again during the Fashion Show to see what boohoo heels people liked better: pink platforms or black thick heels. College Fashion Week featured some killer shoes from boohoo. I personally liked the black ones more because they seemed like a shoe that could be more realistically worn. However, people mostly chose the pink platforms! Cinch was so fun that more of my friends kept answering the two polls I created even in the days after the fashion show! You can go to my boohoo shoe poll here: http://nft.bz/XUQoXQ

My Polls!
Now I have the perfect way to ask my friends what they think I should wear. As a fashion blogger, I love getting opinions on my outfits especially when testing out new outfits! My friends and family can easily vote on an outfit, accessory, etc. and help me decide what to wear. Scarf or no scarf? Boots or flats? A sweater with jeans or a sweater with a skirt? Which jacket looks best? All of these questions can be polled through the app and I can quickly get my fashion questions answered!


You can download the Cinch Polls app here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cinch-polls/id907910409?mt=8.
Check out Cinch on Instagram and Twitter: @CinchPolls


Happy polling!



No comments :

Post a Comment