Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

Pretty as a Present

I've wanted to make a DIY Christmas bow skirt for EVER now. Finally, I had an excuse to make it when my cousin invited me to an ugly Christmas sweater open house. Okay, so I know you're supposed to wear a sweater but I decided to wear a skirt instead. And I know it was supposed to be ugly, but I think it looks really cute.

Not only was this skirt cute, but it was so easy to make. I got the skirt from Old Navy for a reasonable price since I was never going to be able to wear it again. To make the skirt, I super glued the bows onto the skirt and used double sided tape to keep the garland stuck around the hem. The garland was honestly the hardest part because with the super glue it just wouldn't stick. This is where I thank my mom for figuring out a way to make it stick, and supergluing her fingerprints off in the process!

I would definitely advise not moving around too much if you make a skirt like this. You don't want to lose a bow, after all. Despite having to be cautious about the decorations, the outfit was really comfortable and fun to wear. It was a great conversation starter, too. You can't walk into a room wearing a skirt like this without people staring.


Making the skirt was actually really fun to make. It was a festive holiday activity. Is tacky Christmas skirt maker a profession? Because if not, I might make it one!

Once the skirt was made, I accessorized with Kate Spade and Tory Burch. I added my new Kate Spade clutch that I scored at the Surprise Sale around Thanksgiving. The clutch looks exactly like a christmas present, bow and all! I'm pretty obsessed with it and can't wait to find more reasons to use it. I also wore my new Kate Spade bow necklace (again, thank you Surprise Sale!). To tie it all together, I wore a slim bow headband in my hair. I don't think I could have worn any more bows if I tried.

My simple white button down let the skirt be the focus of my outfit. My Tory Burch Reva flats were the finishing touch. Overall, the outfit was pretty classy given the fact that I had superglued Christmas decorations onto myself. The black and white color combo and minimal accessories kept the look clean.

To keep in the holiday spirit I also tested out my first Jamberry Nail wraps. I used a mix of Cherry Ice and Candy Cane. I absolutely love them! They look just like a gel manicure you'd get at the salon. I love that it was quick and easy to apply them.

So there's my Christmas bow skirt holiday DIY outfit! Happy holidays, everyone!

#ootd details
Is this a Christmas present or my Kate Spade clutch?






Has anyone else made any holiday DIYs? I'd love to see some more!

No comments :

Post a Comment