Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

Boats and Bows for the 4th of July

Let me start off by saying: Happy Fourth of July! I hope your day is filled with as much love for America and backdoor BBQ's as possible! The Fourth of July is obviously the day to break out any red, white, and blue you have hanging in your closet. It can sometimes be tacky if you over do it but if you style those three colors the right way you'll look fashionable and proud to be an American.


I'm at my beach house for the week and the town is doing its fireworks the next day. Technically, that means I get two Fourth of July celebrations and I'm quite alright with that. My outfit for the fireworks (my Fifth of July outfit, I guess?) is a nautical and preppy theme. I'm ditching the American Flag t-shirts and cutoff denim shorts for a more subdued American look.
Knowing that I had two days of celebration I wanted to make sure I had two totally different outfits to celebrate in. When picking my Fifth of July outfit, I first decided what shorts I was going to wear. I found a pair of white shorts with blue boats at Marshall's and haven't worn them yet so I thought this would be a perfect chance. Blue and white: check. Next I knew I had to add some red. Originally I thought I'd just wear a blue tank top and my red flats would be the pop of red. But, yesterday while shopping at TJMaxx for home goods I accidentally found a pretty red blouse with lace detailing on the back of the straps. Add my red bow flats from Forever21 and I got red covered. Even my manicure matches the theme. I got a white manicure a few days ago and Essie In The Cab-Ana is on my toes so there's even more red white and blue. I accessorized with my Kate Spade bow ring and Cape Cod bracelet to add some sparkle.
Boats and bows are both perfect details for the Fourth. Boats can be symbolic for summer, any boat party you might be attending, or if you want to get historical boats can be a nod to the Mayflower. Bows are also perfect because hair bows are a big trend right now causing bows in general to be coveted. Bows also remind me of the Fourth because who hasn't seen an American Flag print bow as decoration in their lives? With these two details in the triad of patriotic colors, this outfit couldn't be more perfect.
This look could really be worn any other day of the year. With the exception that I might change the shoes because that could be overkill any other day. I really love that it isn't in your face "red, white, and blue".

Fourth of July outfit!

Outfit Details: Lace back

Outfit Details: Red bow flats, white shorts with blue boats

Outfit Details: Kate Spade Ring, white manicure

What are you wearing for the 4th? Do you like my outfit? How do you feel about American flags on your clothing? Give me your feedback in the comments!


11 comments :