Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

Cream of the Crop

Crop tops. You either love them or you hate them. No matter your stance I believe there is a time and a place to wear crop tops that doesn't make it seem like you found an old shirt from 5th grade and decided to wear it again.



The issue with crop tops lies within the length. Crop tops that stop right after the bust or anywhere before the end of your rib cage are way too cropped. Also, if you are pairing your crop top with low rise jeans that can be another length issue. Personally, I think a cropped shirt with high waisted jeans are the way to go. Because I have a long torso I have to look for crop tops that are longer. However, crop tops that may seem too short for me could be the right length for a girl with a shorter torso.

In addition to the length issue, there is an issue of when and where to wear a crop top.
Are you going to a family get together? Skip the crop top.
Going to your 8 AM class? No crops.
Going to work or a work related function? Probably not.
Going to a concert? Yeah why not!
Going to the beach? Perfect.
Hanging out on a hot summer day? Sure!
So I'm definitely not saying it's bad to wear a crop top because it certainly isn't. There are just some occasions when a crop top doesn't really work.

My favorite comfortable summer outfit is a crop top and my new American Eagle high waisted jean shorts. I recently bought the AE boyfriend short and I'm in loooove with them. I've searched high and low (no pun intended) for high waisted jean shorts all summer and finally found ones that fit right at American Eagle! I was cursed blessed with long legs and a long torso so high waisted shorts didn't seem to fit me quite right. Thank you AE for changing that!

How have I paired my high waisted shorts? The first time I wore them was this past Saturday at the Rascal Flatts concert. My Forever21 floral print crop top was a steal at $9.00 and was just the right amount of crop in the front with longer sides so it didn't look ridiculously short. Since I was going to a country concert I couldn't resist breaking out my cowboy boots for the event. Country cute? I think so!

At the Country 102.5 Country Music Festival ft. Rascal Flatts
How do you rock your crop tops? Tell me in the comments and your idea might be used in a "How To Wear It" post!

No comments :

Post a Comment