Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

A Dream Come True

Okay so I have a REALLY exciting blog topic this week!
I usually wouldn't blog about my personal life but this is 100% fashion related so I had to share!


Saturday night, my boyfriend was taking me out on a date. I knew it was going to be someplace nice since he had alluded to it earlier in the week. Tuesday was our 2.5 year anniversary, by the way.
So he called me to let me know he was on his way to pick me up. By this point my hair and make up was done and I had already tried on 6 different outfits to no avail. I told him I had no idea what to wear and I knew he wanted the place to be a surprise but needed him to steer me in the right direction on what to wear. Naturally, I didn't want to be under-dressed. But he just told me not to worry and that he'd pick something out for me. Obviously I thought the idea of my boyfriend picking out my outfit was silly but let it go and waited for him to come. I went downstairs when he got to my dorm (since I had to let him into the building) and he pulls out a Nordstrom box with a bow on it and says "So you're having trouble figuring out what to wear? Put this on". IT WAS AN ALICE + OLIVIA dress! I kid you not. My boyfriend bought me a dress to wear on our date. Needless to say, it was a really nice dress. At this point I can't even comprehend what is happening because I'm so shocked.
And it doesn't stop there. I changed into the dress and it fit perfectly. After I put on the dress I said jokingly "Wow, you couldn't even accessorize it for me". Well, we left for our dinner reservations and before we were off campus he pulled his car over and hands me another smaller wrapped Nordstrom box..... it was a Givenchy pearl statement necklace!
I swear I thought this only happened to Sarah Vickers (See below). I never thought this was something that actually happened.
Here's the dress paired with the necklace. 
 Here's a full length shot, unfortunately with a different necklace since this was taken before he gave me the new one.
In conclution, it was an amazing day! I'm still so surprised. I couldn't stop thanking him and just absolutely gushing about it. I'm sooo lucky and insanely grateful. It really was a fashionista's dream come true. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment