Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

The Trouble With Packing

So Spring Break is finally here!! After two full weeks filled with quizzes, homework, meetings, my internship, and a midterm in each class going on vacation was much needed. Today I'm packing up for my spring break trip. As exciting as it is to be going away, the tedious task of packing really puts a damper on the pre-trip activities! I'm the type of person that needs 3 different outfit options per day in case my mood on what to wear changes or there's inclement weather. So packing for a plane trip with only a carry-on bag and a purse is daunting. I need to pack the bare minimum, unfortunately. So because of this, I'm left with the added stress of making sure everything I pack is needed and well planned out!
If only I could pack my whole closet......
But since I can't, here are my tips to get through the struggle of packing.


Spring Break Packing Tips

1. Plan each outfit ahead!

Know what you're going to wear and when. Going somewhere tropical? Have a beach outfit and night outfit for each day. Don't forget to plan your pajamas, too! This way you know exactly what outfit to pack and you won't over pack.

2. Make a list!

Nothing helps me more with packing than writing out everything I need to pack beforehand. Even silly little things like toothpaste or socks is helpful to write out. But especially make sure you cover all the important things like your phone, your charger, money, license, etc.

3. Don't stress!

If you do forget something small like sunscreen, you can always buy it there! Also coming from the Queen of Stressing Out, I can tell you everything is 100% easier when you stay calm and relaxed!

4. Talk it out!

Discuss with your friends (or family, depending on who you're traveling with) to make sure you're all on the same page. Someone else might know something you don't, like that it's supposed to rain on Wednesday so a rain jacket would be good to bring!

5. Get through it and enjoy!

Packing should be the least of your concerns. Focus on how exciting it is to be going on a trip and how amazing your vacation is going to be! Who cares about packing? Keep your eyes on the prize...the beautiful sandy, hot, coastal prize!


But anyway, do you know any good packing tips and tricks?
Let me know in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment