Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

Take a Walk on the Darkside

What I love about fashion is the fluidity of fashion choices. You do not have to mold yourself to fit just one label. Preppy, trendy, glamorous, athletic, and classic can all be combined to create your own personal style. While I usually stick to bright colors, femininity, and sparkles (yes, I'm a girly girl) it's fun to experiment with other styles.


My family went out to dinner the other night and I used this as an opportunity to play dress up. I paired my black Old Navy maxi dress with silver sandals I snagged at TJMaxx. To accessorize I wore my Tiffany infinity necklace and diamond stud earrings. I paired my sparkley Michael Kors wristlet to complete the look. Okay, so I couldn't resist adding sparkles to this outfit.
My outfit isn't necessarily a huge fashion risk. However, this maxi is the first true maxi I've purchased with the exception of high-low dresses. I'd been wary about the maxi trend since I'm close to 5'8 and didn't want the dress to look too short on me. I'm glad I took the plunge with this simple maxi that has become a closet staple. It's so easy to just throw on and pair with fun accessories.
What really made my outfit stand out from usual though was my lip color. I swiped on a color I had never really used before and completely forgot I owned, Clinique 'A Different Grape'. I instantly fell in love with this pinkish grape color. It applied smoothly and and comfortably almost like a lip gloss. The lipstick also has great coverage. The way the violet hue complimented my skin tone, eye color, and black maxi was perfect. It's a fun lip color risk for a girl who is used to light pinks!
I felt like a rock star all night in my outfit and even received a few compliments.
So my beauty advice for the day is age old: don't be afraid to take a risk!





No comments :

Post a Comment