Corporate Trendiness

Welcome to the fashion blog of a business student, where corporate trends meet corporate trendiness.

Skincare Secrets

In another new addition to the blog, I've decided to do a series of posts on my skincare/beauty/hair/makeup/etc favorites. I love hearing about products from other people who have actually tried them so I thought I'd let my readers know about my favorite products.

First up, skincare!



I am a loyal Clinique user. Clinique has a 3 step skincare system; cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize. I follow this system to a T but I use a mix of products besides just Clinique. I cleanse (or wash my face) with Shiseido Honey Cake, exfoliate with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2, and then moisturize with Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer. I wash my face twice a day, morning and night. After moisturizing, I use an under eye cream.
I have also been incredibly blessed with clear skin. My skin is not oily, dry, or red. Except, I do have a red tint to my cheeks 24/7. That being said, my routine works best for my normal, clear skin. 

Here are the deets:

Shiseido Honey Cake Soap

This was a Christmas present from my mom last year in a cute set of 3 with a pink and two green bars of soap. It comes in a matching little case which I love because it keeps the bar clean and easy to carry. I used a Neutrogena bar before but this one makes my face feel so much nicer and the colors are too cute to pass up.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2

The name of this product is a little misleading because it is actually not a lotion but liquid. You apply it with a cotton ball by gently sweeping it along your face. If you look at the cotton ball after I bet you'll see a significant amount of "dirt". It makes me feel like I truly washed the day away afterwards. This is especially important on days I wear face makeup and I don't want leftover makeup to clog my pores overnight.

Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15

I am the biggest advocate not only for moisturizing but for moisturizing with a formula including sunscreen. Even if you aren't sunbathing at the beach, the sun's rays are harsh on your face (it's a fact). If you are moisturizing anyway, grab a brand with sunscreen in it. You'll be doing two good things for your face. You can get Cetaphil pretty much anywhere. Walgreens/CVS are my go-to places. When I'm feeling fancy, I'm also a fan of Clinique's Dramatically Different Lotion.

Clinique All About Eyes

My undereyes are a bit of an insecurity of mine, which is why I use this product. I actually just started using it after using Lush Enchanted Eye Cream for awhile. I got a free sample of it and I like it so far!

Clinique Turnaround Revitalizing Instant Facial

This face mask is AWESOME. I have normal skin so I wasn't looking for an acne control or oil control face mask. My mom knew I wanted a really good face mask and got this for me for Christmas last year (she's 2/2 with the skincare gifts). I LOVE it. You only use it 2-3 times a week and you only leave it on for 5 minutes. For a girl on the go who wants some pampering I highly recommend this! My face feels smooth and soft after I wash it off. The only caveat - it does bring problem areas to light so you do break out a little after using. It fades quickly for me but just don't use it too close to a date night or important work presentatioN! 

Lip Care Bonus: Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment

These are the best lip treatments. They give your lip gorgeous color while hydrating your lips. Added plus - it includes sunscreen! You need sunscreen on your lips, too guys! I can't even pick a favorite. The Rosé color is a classic. I have a set of a few pink colors. I've been skipping lipstick or lip gloss in favor of using these instead.

Body Care Bonus: The Body Shop Body Butter

Body Butter is much thicker than typical lotion but it's worth the extra hassle slathering it on and waiting for it to dry. My skin feels so hydrated after using this. And the scent I have (almond) is strong enough that I know I smell good all day without being overpowering. I couldn't find almond anywhere online but I did find olive which I would love to try next! While abroad in Italy, I became addicted to the olive oil body care products that are popular  there.


To sum it all up, I love Clinique and sunscreen is a must. Do you have any skincare favorites you want to share with me? I'd love to hear new reccomendations!

No comments :

Post a Comment